I have been on a basil binge lately. It all started with needing a handful for the Three Cups Chicken dish. Then I thought, why stop with just one bunch?
The variety I found at the supermarket was sweet basil. It is such a fragrant herb and perfumes the crisper section of my fridge so nicely. I also think this variety is more commonly used in Italian dishes, so besides using it in an Asian chicken recipe, I decided to make bruschetta too.
Fresh and zesty flavours seem to burst with each bite!
I also added a roughly chopped bunch to a plate of butter shitake mushrooms, a wonderful recipe from Noob Cook, of whom I am now a huge fan. My colleague suggested that this will work well as tapas and I am sure she’s right.
I will definitely have try out more recipes with this gorgeous culinary herb!
No comments:
Post a Comment