Throughout the year, I've been starting and then frogging projects because I have not been happy with how they were turning out. When a friend's wife recently delivered the cutest little baby girl, I immediately started thinking about knitting a baby dress or cardigan. I went through many patterns and eventually decided on Boheme (ravelry link).
Sadly, it was another knit that didn't turn out as I'd hoped.

The two fronts do not meet and there's a rather large gap in between. This was supposed to be a buttoned cardigan and I could not get the fronts to close in properly.

I had already made three button holes at the top front and had to sew them off because there was no point in adding buttons at this stage. It was rather sad too because I found perfect little yellow buttons to go with it.

Quite honestly, I was really reluctant about gifting it because it was an embarrassment. But le hubby told me that I should, since it's already done and I didn't have time to salvage it as we were visiting mummy and baby as soon as it came off the needles.
So, I told the giftee's parents that it can be worn as an open front cardigan :-)
project details : on ravelry

I have been toying with the idea of delving into knitwear designing. I think every knitter would have thought of this during the course of their knitting. Although I have been pretty much off my game (knitwise) in the last three years, several ideas have been forming in my head and I have been sketching them down so I won't forget.
I do not know when I'll start with my first "design" but it's not going to be something brand new or groundbreaking. My ideas are to create classic, comfortable and wearable items. Most importantly, it has to be easy to knit because I know there are many busy knitters out there with very little spare time (me being one of them).
Ravelry is a wonderful space for up and coming designers. And I am a huge fan of many of them! When it comes to established designers, I find much inspiration from Kim Hargreaves and Nancy Bush. Their designs are always honest, classic and are able to withstand the test of time.
Well, this is an aspiration to work towards to. I doubt anything I design would be a big hit since there are so many more wonderful patterns out there. But just putting my ideas down and sharing them with others, will be joy enough.
Sadly, it was another knit that didn't turn out as I'd hoped.

The two fronts do not meet and there's a rather large gap in between. This was supposed to be a buttoned cardigan and I could not get the fronts to close in properly.

I had already made three button holes at the top front and had to sew them off because there was no point in adding buttons at this stage. It was rather sad too because I found perfect little yellow buttons to go with it.

Quite honestly, I was really reluctant about gifting it because it was an embarrassment. But le hubby told me that I should, since it's already done and I didn't have time to salvage it as we were visiting mummy and baby as soon as it came off the needles.
So, I told the giftee's parents that it can be worn as an open front cardigan :-)
project details : on ravelry

I have been toying with the idea of delving into knitwear designing. I think every knitter would have thought of this during the course of their knitting. Although I have been pretty much off my game (knitwise) in the last three years, several ideas have been forming in my head and I have been sketching them down so I won't forget.
I do not know when I'll start with my first "design" but it's not going to be something brand new or groundbreaking. My ideas are to create classic, comfortable and wearable items. Most importantly, it has to be easy to knit because I know there are many busy knitters out there with very little spare time (me being one of them).
Ravelry is a wonderful space for up and coming designers. And I am a huge fan of many of them! When it comes to established designers, I find much inspiration from Kim Hargreaves and Nancy Bush. Their designs are always honest, classic and are able to withstand the test of time.
Well, this is an aspiration to work towards to. I doubt anything I design would be a big hit since there are so many more wonderful patterns out there. But just putting my ideas down and sharing them with others, will be joy enough.
1 comment:
I can't find anything wrong with this little cardi, Lyn! I'm sure she will love it... it seems so comfy and cute ;)
I can't wait to see you as knitter design and you'll also inspire us :)
Post a Comment